Company Policies and Conditions of Sale
- Prices are subject to alteration without notice and all goods are invoiced at prices current at date of despatch.
- All goods remain the property of Scottish Kitcar Centre until paid for in full.
- All works are carried on a labour plus parts basis.
- Once the Customer has been sent their initial invoice they then have access to it at any time to keep a track of their outstanding balance.
- Pre-arranged stage payments to be made within 7 days of written request unless agreed by prior arrangement. If no payment is received after 7 days then our storage fee of £25 plus VAT per day will be applied.
- If payment is not received after 14 days then the Customer will be issued with a LBA (Letter Before Action) and a £10 fee will be added to the invoice.
- If no payment is received by the 14 day deadline then the Customer’s job will be cancelled and no further works will be undertaken.
- We retain the right to seek payment in accordance with the Late Payment of Goods Act 1998.
- Amounts owed on Invoices must be no greater than £2,000 unless agreed by prior arrangement.
- Unpaid goods left on the premises for more than 6 months shall be disposed of.
- Invoices are payable in full prior to collection of goods.
- Payment made through Master Card or Visa Credit Card is subject to 2.5% charge.
- Any fixed price works will be clearly shown on the invoice.
- A minimum initial deposit of 80% of the goods total is required prior to commencing any FIXED PRICE work. The remaining 20% is required to be paid in full prior to goods be shipped or collected.
- All deposits are non-refundable.
- We will not accept returned goods without prior authorisation.
- No returns will be accepted without a copy of the original invoice.
- Goods shipped in error will be replaced immediately at our cost.
- No refunds will be given on parts which have been specially ordered/manufactured or modified to suit customer’s requirements.
- Electrical components are non refundable.
- Goods returned for any other reason will be subject to a 25% handling charge.
- No refunds will be given until the “defective” goods have been returned to Scottish Kitcar Centre for inspection.
- Jobs returned for inspection must include a £75 Inspection Fee which may be refunded if parts/labour supplied by Scottish Kitcar Centre is deemed to be defective.
- NO returned goods will be accepted if they have been modified or altered in way.
- We reserve the right to add third party debit recovery charges.
- All accounts beyond our credit terms will be passed to our debt collection agency and will be subject to a surcharge of 15% plus VAT to cover our costs in recovery. These accounts will also be subject to any legal costs incurred in obtaining settlement.
- The customer hereby consents to the jurisdiction of The Edinburgh Sheriff Court for the resolution of any disputes.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that all parts fit correctly. We cannot be held responsible for any consequent damage.
- Although we are happy to fit customer’s parts we cannot offer any warranty on any of our components which consist of customer’s parts regardless of whether they are new or second-hand.
- We only guarantee bhp and torque power increases on engines that we have fully built and that have been fully bench tested and tuned on an Engine Dyno. Both bhp and torque graphs and figures will be supplied to the customer.
- Not all parts that we supply are suited for road going cars. Increases to the vehicle emissions may result from fitting our products. Increasing the vehicle emission could mean that the car will not pass an MOT.
- WE WILL NOT honour any warranty claim if engine parts/components/engines have been modified by a third party. Repair and warranty work can only be carried out by Scottish Kitcar Centre personnel.
- WE cannot be held responsible for ANY goods that have been damaged in transit and therefore we would strongly recommend that when you sign for the goods you mark them as “GOODS NOT CHECKED”.
- If you do find yourself in receipt of goods that have been damaged in transit then you must deal with the courier company direct. We will be able to supply you with all the necessary details.
- Goods can be shipped worldwide but will only be shipped with the true invoice value.
- We accept no responsibility for goods delayed, lost or held in Customs. All shipping claims must be made direct to the carrier.
- The Customer is responsible for paying any duty charged.
- On the instruction of our customer we will ship goods with limited insurance cover but we cannot however offer any re-imbursement for goods lost or damaged.
- Failed collections are charged at a base rate of £20.00 per item.
The services that we offer are done to the best of our ability using our extensive knowledge of our performance products. There is no stated or implied warranty due to the usual stress placed on performance parts. Our obligation is limited to the repair of parts modified by Scottish Kitcar Centre which may prove defective under normal use and services within 60 days from date of sale and upon which our examination determines to our satisfaction to be defective. All parts sold by Scottish Kitcar Centre are guaranteed in accordance with the manufacturer’s own terms of warranty. This warranty only applies to the parts and does not cover any labour cost involved removing the parts. This warranty shall not apply to parts/components which have been subjected to accident, negligence, incompetence, alteration, abuse or misuse. Scottish Kitcar Centre modifies parts in such a manner that proper care with installation is required. We build the very best products we can with the information we receive but it is the responsibility of the engine assembler to perform a final check of valve to piston, head to piston and crank to block clearances and that all rotating components rotate freely. There is no implied or expressed warranty if parts/components are damaged before or after the engine assembly process. At Scottish Kitcar Centre we pride ourselves in offering custom built cars and engine packages therefore the price is subject to change as per the specification of your car, engine, head or components.
Customers are expected to collect their cars on completion of works within 3 working days of being notified in writing. Arrangements beyond this period are solely at the discretion of Scottish Kitcar Centre. Unauthorised vehicles left on our premises outwith the 24 hour period will be charged a storage fee of £25 + VAT per day.
While we are working on a customer’s car it will be covered under our insurance policy. However please note that if a car has been left at our premises any longer than authorised then it will no longer be insured and therefore left there at the owner’s risk.